Depending on your browser’s settings, when you download a PDF file you can find yourself in one of two situations:
- the PDF file begins to download;
- the PDF file is opened in the browser window.
3. In the new window, from the left pane choose “Internet”. Then, in the right pabemake sure the “Display PDF in browser” option is NOT checked. Click the “Ok” button.
1. Run the Adobe Reader application (NOTE: Adobe Reader is a free application used to read PDF files; it can be downloaded from the Adobe site).
2. From the menu bar select “Edit”, then click on “Preferences”.
The latter is not a desired situation when the PDF file is very large and the Internet concection is slow. Or when you simply want to download the file, without opening it first in the browser window.
In order to prevent the viewing of the PDF file in the broswer windowyou must set the Adobe Reader application as the default application to open a PDF file. Follow the three steps illustrated on this page to do this.